Friday, March 6, 2009

2 Weeks!

The plane will touch down in PDX two weeks from yesterday! I am really excited to be back in Oregon, but I'm realizing how much I still need to do here. This week was spent coding data, answering phones, and giving tours. Friends from college were in town on Wednesday. I gave them a Capitol Tour and then they stayed in the house gallery watching the show. After that they went over to the Senate and watched the show. Apparently they wandered over to the senate offices and wound up running into Senator John McCain! I think that definitely made their day.

Yesterday on one of my many trips to the capitol I saw Ron Paul for the second time in two days. Always fun to see almost-famous people. My big project for the week was helping draft the boss's remarks for the Oregon FFA Convention, He will be giving a welcome Saturday night. It's funny, just when I think I'm as far from FFA as possible it sneaks up and finds me. It's really hard writing remarks for somebody else, especially a congressman. I think the remarks turned out a little more like an FFA motivational speech than congressional remarks -BUT- that's why there is an editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment