Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Final Dayz

The last three hours have been spent packing for Oregon. The plane leaves at 1:54pm tomorrow (thursday). I will fly into Portland and meet up with a friend then head to LaGrande with another friend for the Oregon FFA State Convention.

The last few days were spent with my parents and little bro touring around DC. We definitely got our tour on- I caught up with Friday night and we met up with a bunch of mom's cousins who are in/around the Virginia/DC area. Saturday we did a capitol tour and went to the Capitol Steps, Sunday we went out to the National Cathedral, Monday was a library of congress tour, Greek food, a tour of my place, a pentagon tour, Arlington and a walking tour of the monuments at night, Tuesday was a quick trip back through the natural history museum, lunch with the congressman- we saw the president- and then a walk through George Town. Let me tell ya I was glad to sleep in this morning.

The end of my last week was a bit on the busy side- not unlike any other week- The Public Lands Omnibus Bill failed- by 2/3rds- that's what happens when you play with the rules. I drafted the congressman's remarks for the Oregon FFA Convention- and they came back quasi in tact still! Kinda a highlight getting to write for the boss. There was more that happened but I need to remember a little more. For now I'm off to dinner with my roommates for one last night in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment