The sun was out all day today, when I was walking to work it was just rising on the capitol dome...WOW!
The first hour of the day was spent sorting the nights faxes and having the ID office tell us that they would not be able to process new ID requests until 9am.
Erica, the staff assistant had signed me up for a class at 9am which I needed my ID to get into...sooo...I wound up waiting for the ID office and made it to the class 30min late. Fortunately so did several other folks attending.
The class was for new interns/staffers on how to lead tours around the Capitol and interface with the Capitol visitors center which just opened. It's fairly entertaining because everyone is still getting used to having the new visitors center (so I'm not the only one feeling slightly in the dark). All in all the class wasn't bad, but unfortunately they focused more on how to give a tour and less on what we should include in the tour...I really could of used the exact opposite. They did provide some really interesting links and as soon as I remember to bring them home I will put them up here.
The class was also good because it provided a chance to interact/meet other new interns/staffers...which when your sorting mail in the back of the office doesn't happen very often.
It's really neat how driven every one is around the hill. However there are many folks who still seem to struggle with the fact that there are stupid questions that don't benefit anyone by being asked...o well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment