After an uneventful airplane ride from Phoenix, AZ to DCA and a adventurous cab ride through rush hour traffic I arrived at 153 Kentucky Ave. SE. No one was home but fortunately the key my roommate had sent me worked in the door so I figured I had the right place. It is a 3 story row house, definitely an older place but it has a solid roof and a good bed (which is all that matters at this point).
Last night I explored the neighborhood and at Mike, my roommates, suggestion wound up at Tunnicliffs, a local pub in easy stumbling distance of home. They have Murphys Irish beer on tap (think Guinness but way better) and one great Ruben.
View Larger Map
This morning started with a run by the capital, down the mall and around the Lincoln monument. It's about an hour round trip (would be shorter minus stop lights). DC runners have to get used to all the horns, I about jumped off the sidewalk twice. So far the jet lag isn't to bad, I'm definitely a little tired but at least functional.
The internship officially starts tomorrow, so the rest of the day will be spent getting life sorted out and finding a barber and black shoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment