Breaking news- Check it out: My picture is on the Walden Website, OK so maybe it's not the end of the world and it says I'm from Medford instead of Lakeview (I'll get that fixed tomorrow) but it made for some fun around the office today.
Today was another 9am start since the Congressman was still back in Oregon and there were no votes until 18:30. The day seemed fairly relaxed but looking back on the day a lot actually happened.
Senator Packwood stopped by to pick up his inauguration tickets. If your wondering who Senator Packwood is and why he needs to get his tickets from another congressman then you weren't in Oregon while he was a Senator. He seemed to be a friend of the office and had some great stories to share, in fact he has been to Lakeview a few times and even dined at the Indian Village.
One of the issues that came across my desk today was the ongoing debacle about Obama's citizenship. There is a small but vocal faction which claims Obama is not a natural born citizen and there-by cannot serve as president. There is some debate as to whether or not he was actually born in Hawaii. After researching the issue on-line I really don't know what to think but the courts seem to be throwing the cases out as fast as they come in. I'll let you do your own research and form your own opinions on this one.
I knew we were getting another intern on thursday. However I was unaware that we would be having someone else join us today as an intern. Mark, our new intern, is a freshman at Catholic. He was about as nervous and green (from inexperience not from sea sickness) as I was on the first day. I gave him a tour to the supply store and a brief overview on how to sort mail (one of the most important jobs). He seems like a nice guy and should settle in just fine. (Here I'm talking like an old hat and I've been here for a week). OH... and he is only working Tuesday/Thursdays because he is going to school the rest of the time, so the office won't be too crowded for most of the week.
The last excitement of the day was when the Congressman returned from Oregon. Before the LA's got him to fill him in on what had happened while he was gone we had a staff meeting/video conference with the Medford office. The congressman had some big news about...well it will have to wait until its released.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the website pic. Awesome. Dying to know the breaking news. You know how to keep things interesting. As usual.
ReplyDelete