Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stimulating

The walk to work today was a bit icy, well about 1/2in of ice. Even the snow was iced over from the freezing rain last night. It was so slick I almost slid off the sidewalk. But it was really cool to see the bricks in the sidewalk under a clear/solid sheet of ice, it looked like someone had poured acrylic over them.



The big news is that the $800+ billion stimulus package passed the house today. Not a single republican voted for it. There were some amendments but for the most part it is still spending focused. I took over 35 calls from constituents urging the congressman to vote no on the stimulus (which he did). I also had some 20 calls in favor of an amendment that would promote mass transit. And then there were a handful of calls about other things (one of these callers made it known that he thought the congressman, and all congressmen for that matter are communist), all in all most of the day was spent on the phone.

Check out the poll on the right hand side of the blog, I'm looking for some input on where to wander this weekend- the options are so endless.

I had more for this blog but after all the phone calls I really can't remember much. Everyone was fried and most people actually left around 6- that's how you know it was a rough day.

CHECK THIS OUT!!! Thanks Liz
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/dining/28bacon.html

No comments:

Post a Comment