With all the madness of DC swirling over the bailout (which passed yesterday), peanuts, and politics in general- I had to get out of town for a few days. To that end I escaped to the madness of Halal, skyscrapers, and 9million people in 14sq miles. That's right New York City- Here I am.
For those unfamiliar with NYC Halal is a type of street vendor that sells pitas with gyro, or chicken or some combination there of. For 4 bucks you cant beat it.
So far I have seen times square, been to the top of the empire state building, taken the Staten island fairy around the statue of liberty, eaten and walked my way all over the city, and gone for a jog in central park....and there are still two days left!
A friend from my FFA days that I kept in touch with is going to Kings College, which is a very good business school housed in the empire state building. SO while I am here I have been crashing on his couch and even though he has had to work and attend class he has found the time to give me the nickel tour.
It sounds like we are off to get tickets for Broadway and finally find some coffee so I will continue the updates and fill in the gaps once I'm back in the insanity of DC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment