Here is the recap of the last to days in NYC-
Sunday-
In true college kid fashion we took full advantage of Sunday and slept in until 11, after all the excitement of the last couple of days it was much needed. From there we ran up to the theater district and got rush tickets for the Broadway show Heda Gabbler. Rush tickets are deeply discounted because they are sold a few hours before the show to ensure it sells out. We got tickets for $21 a piece, normally they were $111- YIKES! The show was pretty good, very serious and dry. It was about a manipulative wife and her life with her new husband. After the show Stephen and Kristen headed for church and I headed for the Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET)- which is right on the edge of central park. On the way to the MET I walked up Madison avenue past all of the "High Fashion" shops, talk about ritzy clothes. An Aston Martin and two Porsche's passed by while I was walking- you could hear the Aston Martin from several blocks away, I want one! Unfortunately the MET was closed by the time I got up there so I wandered back to the Time Warner mall and wandered around the fancy stores. Later I walked back through hells kitchen and times square. When Stephen and Kristen got done we had sushi delivered and made dinner at Kristen's. Delivery Sushi- no wonder NYC is an amazing city.
Monday-
Stephen had a meeting so I took myself up to Times Square with the intent of hitting the official M&M's store. Along the way I realized I really didn't need any M&M's so instead I got a big slice of cherry Cheesecake and a cup of coffee. On the way back down to the ESB I hit a few souvenir shops and got some official NYC Swag. I also took the time to wander through all 4 floors of menswear in the worlds largest store (Macy's). Finally I caught up with Stephen and Kristen for fried dill pickles and Nachos in the heartland grill and then it was off to the bus for the ride home and a long nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment