
Earlier today we received a "map" of where the news correspondents would be standing around statuary hall to comment on the speech and to interview various congressmen as they filtered out of the house chamber. I think the congressman was interviewing with one of them, unfortunately I don't remember which one and haven't found him on the TV.
Also today I went to a briefing on the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA), the long and short of it was that the EFCA is bad for business and even though it was a conservative briefing many democrats apparently don't support the idea. The bill would basically take away employees option to vote to unionize by secret ballot amongst other egregious offenses. Apparently this is the unions answer to declining membership because they no longer provide for the needs of workers (now is that a conservative line or what). When I walked into the briefing room I was very glad to have worn my gray suit. Everyone in the room had a gray suit on, usually you at least get a couple blue ones and one or two brown-ish suits in any room. This was a sea of gray. Even the girls were in gray. Apparently Tuesday is GOP gray suit day.
Here is an interesting article on the economy and what to do-
http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB123544318435655825-lMyQjAxMDI5MzI1NDQyNDQzWj.html
No comments:
Post a Comment